List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 11 1999 4:29pm
Subject:mysql.server
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sandeep" == Sandeep Sawhney <naddy@stripped> writes:

Sandeep> HI
Sandeep> my mysql.server files has this

Sandeep> basedir=/usr/local/mysql
Sandeep> bindir=/usr/local/mysql/bin
Sandeep> datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data
Sandeep> pid_file=/usr/local/mysql/data/chaorg.com.pid

Sandeep> and A cate gives this, ie the file is there .

Sandeep> chaorg:/usr/local/mysql/support-files# cat
> /usr/local/mysql/data/chaorg.com.pid

Sandeep> 6343

Sandeep> but
Sandeep> when i do

Sandeep> ./mysql.server stop

Sandeep> i get
Sandeep> No mysqld pid file found. Looked for .

Sandeep> any one

Sandeep> Regards
Sandeep> Sandeep

Hi!

Check if the pid_file variable is set at some later stage in the
script;  Some older mysql.server version set accidenty the pid_file
variable when it should set some other variable from the my.cnf file.

Regards,
Monty

PS: Sorry for the long delay before replying, but I just come back from
    a 2 weeks vacation trip.

Thread
mysql.serverSandeep Sawhney21 Oct
  • mysql.serverMichael Widenius11 Nov