List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:zzapper Date:May 11 2005 10:03am
Subject: Re: query to lowercase database columns names
View as plain text
On Mon, 09 May 2005 17:32:29 +0100,  wrote:

>Hi,
>Is there a query which will "alter" a table to rename all the columns to lowercase
>
>eg Price to price,  Quantity to quantity

Funny how sometimes a UseNet query is answered in minutes, and or exites a flurry of
othertimes like here zilch!

I've got a converted from Excel spreadsheet to mysql database, which has mixed case column
names and
also columns beginning with a digit eg 01_name, 02_address etc what upsets PHP
considerably.

So I'd like to have a way to generically rename all columns beginning with a numeric
form ^\d.* to someprefix_&

Is it not possible to write such a query, or is this best done by Perl or PHP script?

--
zzapper
vim -c ":%s%s*%Cyrnfr)fcbafbe[Oenz(Zbbyranne%|:%s)[[()])-)Ig|norm Vg?"

Thread
query to lowercase database columns nameszzapper9 May
  • Re: query to lowercase database columns nameszzapper11 May
    • Re: query to lowercase database columns namesmfatene11 May
  • Re: query to lowercase database columns nameszzapper11 May
RE: Re: query to lowercase database columns namesJay Blanchard11 May
  • RE: Re: query to lowercase database columns namesmfatene11 May
  • Re: query to lowercase database columns nameszzapper12 May