List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:May 10 2005 9:57pm
Subject:How to put tables on a different drive???
View as plain text
I have a big whopping problem.<g>

I have a large database that generates 25gb tables (let's call them
GenTable1 to GenTableN). I'd like to put these tables on another drive
because I'm running out of disk space. If I need to create another database
(let's call it dbGen), so be it.  (But it would be nice if it could exist
in the same MySQL database, but that doesn't look possible. It appears
MySQL forces all the tables to be under the same directory.)

How can I get MySQL 4.10 to create the generated tables on another hard
drive? The largest hard drive I can get is 320-400gb and that may not be
enough for both my normal tables and generated tables. (I'm using Windows
XP - NTFS) I need to reference the generated tables and normal tables in a
join so it has to be done using 1 MySQL server. So I'd like my normal
tables to be on one drive, and my generated tables to be on another drive.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to put the GenTables on another drive? TIA

Mike

Thread
How to put tables on a different drive???mos10 May
  • RE: How to put tables on a different drive???Partha Dutta11 May
    • RE: How to put tables on a different drive???mfatene11 May