List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Jensen Date:May 10 2005 7:52pm
Subject:Re: Solution to slow queries
View as plain text
We did something similar for our large statistic tables.  The older data
that no longer changes would get shipped off into a very fast read only
table with a cron job and then that is the table we would generate the
reports on.  Even with millions of entries it is incredibly fast.

Eric Jensen

TheRefUmp@stripped wrote:

>Consider compressing the tables (Making them READ ONLY) with the MyISAM engine. The
> updating table (current one) would not be available since it could not be compressed.

Thread
Solution to slow queriesPaul Halliday10 May
  • Re: Solution to slow queriesFrank Bax10 May
    • Re: Solution to slow queriesJohn McCaskey10 May
  • Re: Solution to slow queriesJames Nobis10 May
  • Re: Solution to slow queriesmfatene10 May
  • Re: Solution to slow queriesRoger Baklund10 May
    • Re: Solution to slow queriesPaul Halliday10 May
      • Re: Solution to slow queriesRoger Baklund11 May
RE: Solution to slow queriesTheRefUmp10 May
  • Re: Solution to slow queriesEric Jensen10 May