List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:pdutta Date:May 9 2005 12:56am
Subject:Re: Migrating Database
View as plain text
MySQL data files are binary compatible from one machine to another.
Even InnoDB
data files.  As long as you are not trying to "upgrade" from version 3.23 to
version 4.1, you are okay with copying the data files from one machine to
another.

--
Partha Dutta
Sr. Consultant, MySQL Inc.

Quoting Chris Knipe <savage@stripped>:

> Temporary replication comes to mind.... fs hot copy as well (maybe)....
>

> --
> Chris.
>
> I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as
> they fly by..." - Douglas Adams, 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Erickson"
> <erickson.brian@stripped>

Migrating DatabaseBrian Erickson8 May
  • Re: Migrating DatabaseChris Knipe8 May
    • Re: Migrating Databasepdutta9 May
  • Re: Migrating DatabaseRyan J. Cavicchioni9 May
  • Dual Opteron, linux kernels, 64 bit, mysql 4.1, InnoDBRichard Dale9 May
RE: Dual Opteron, linux kernels, 64 bit, mysql 4.1, InnoDBDathan Pattishall10 May
  • Re: Dual Opteron, linux kernels, 64 bit, mysql 4.1, InnoDBJeremiah Gowdy10 May
    • RE: Dual Opteron, linux kernels, 64 bit, mysql 4.1, InnoDBgunmuse10 May
      • Re: Dual Opteron, linux kernels, 64 bit, mysql 4.1, InnoDBJeremiah Gowdy10 May
Re: Dual Opteron, linux kernels, 64 bit, mysql 4.1, InnoDBPeter J Milanese10 May