List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 11 1999 11:36am
Subject:Re: Problems with max and avg functions
View as plain text

Rossignol> no mysql doesnt support subqueries...
Rossignol> I have the same problem on a mips server max avg min sum returns me 0 (it
Rossignol> is a bug on the MySQL 3.22.21 on the kind of processor... but cant update
Rossignol> MySQL cause am not root, and root doesn't want to do it...) so the think I
Rossignol> done is querying the lines of the tables I want to find the max of and put
Rossignol> it in an array in my php program and then find the max values of that
Rossignol> array... yes I know it is a heavy solution but it is the only one I
> found...

Hi!

You can always find the max by doing:

SELECT max_column from table order by max_column desc limit 1;

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Problems with max and avg functionsashay padwal21 Oct
  • Re: Problems with max and avg functionsFran├žois Rossignol21 Oct
    • Re: Problems with max and avg functionsMichael Widenius11 Nov
  • Re: Problems with max and avg functionsBob Kline21 Oct
Re: Problems with max and avg functionsDavid D.W. Downey21 Oct