List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 11 1999 11:34am
Subject:Re: myisamcheck deletes temp files before it uses them
View as plain text
>>>>> "Rick" == Rick H Wesson <wessorh@stripped> writes:

Rick> ok, ibelieve you about it not being a bugt, but myisamcheck still dumps
Rick> core beacuse the file does not exist. this only appears to happen when the
Rick> database had the index turned off (--index-keys=0) when it was loaded then
Rick> i atempted to re-create the index but got a core insted.

Rick> thanks,

Rick> -rick

Hi!

Could you show a full example of this as I can't repeat this problem:

(/my/monty/srclib/myisam) myisamchk -k0 -r object
- recovering MyISAM-table 'object.MYI'
Data records: 2
(/my/monty/srclib/myisam) myisamchk -r object
- recovering MyISAM-table 'object.MYI'
Data records: 2
- Fixing index 1

Regards,
Monty

PS: Are you using myisamchk from 3.23.5 ?  If not, please try the
    newer myisamchk from this distribution...
Thread
myisamcheck deletes temp files before it uses themrick21 Oct
  • Re: myisamcheck deletes temp files before it uses themTonu Samuel21 Oct
    • Re: myisamcheck deletes temp files before it uses themRick H. Wesson21 Oct
      • Re: myisamcheck deletes temp files before it uses themMichael Widenius11 Nov