List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:May 2 2005 2:44pm
Subject:Re: joining six tables by mutual column
View as plain text
Schalk,

Your query looks ok except for an apparently missing '%' in LIKE 'TES',
but all the WHEREs are hard to read, aren't they? I find queries easier
to write, read & maintain with joins in the JOIN clause and specific
row-selection criteria in the WHERE clause, eg

SELECT
  demographic.demographic_no, ... etc ...
FROM demographic
  INNER JOIN allergies ON demographic.demographic_no =
allergies.demographic_no
  INNER JOIN drugs ON demographic.demographic_no - drugs.demographic_no
  INNER JOIN research ON demographic.demographic_no =
research.demographic_no
  INNER JOIN echart ON demographic.demographic_no = echart.demographic_no
  INNER JOIN dxresearch ON demographic.demographic_no =
dxresearch.demographicNo
  INNER JOIN ichppccode ON dxresearch.dxresearch_code =
ichppccode.ichppccode
WHERE demographic.demographic_no = '1'
  AND demographic.last_name LIKE 'TES%'

PB