List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Schalk Neethling Date:May 2 2005 11:01am
Subject:Re: joining six tables by mutual column
View as plain text
Mathias/Everyone on the list

I am running the following query against the database:

SELECT demographic.demographic_no, demographic.first_name,
demographic.last_name, demographic.chart_no, demographic.sex,
demographic.year_of_birth, demographic.month_of_birth,
demographic.date_of_birth, demographic.family_doctor,
demographic.roster_status, demographic.patient_status, demographic.phone
FROM allergies, demographic, drugs, echart, dxresearch, ichppccode WHERE
demographic.demographic_no = '1' AND demographic.last_name LIKE 'TES'
AND allergies.demographic_no = demographic.demographic_no AND
demographic.demographic_no = drugs.demographic_no AND
drugs.demographic_no = dxresearch.demographic_no AND
dxresearch.demographic_no = echart.demographicNo AND
allergies.demographic_no = echart.demographicNo AND
dxresearch.dxresearch_code = ichppccode.ichppccode

Is the string at the end from, 'AND allergies.demographic_no =
demographic.demographic_no...', the correct way to create the JOIN I
require by demographic_no on five of the tables and then a JOIN of the
dxresearch and ichppccode tables by dxresearch_code and ichppccode
respectively? Any help or pointers would be much appreciated. Thank you!

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling

We support OpenSource
Get Firefox!- The browser reloaded - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential and
may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the
sender. If you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I can
correct and delete the original email. Thank you.

Thread
joining six tables by mutual columnSchalk Neethling25 Apr
  • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnRichard Lynch25 Apr
  • RE: joining six tables by mutual columnmathias fatene25 Apr
    • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnSchalk Neethling2 May
      • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnPeter Brawley2 May
      • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnMichael Stassen2 May
  • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnNick Pasich25 Apr