List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:April 28 2005 11:06pm
Subject:Re: Find records that don't exist in MySQl 4.0
View as plain text
Andrew Hargreaves wrote:

> In MySQL 4.0, is it possible to find all records that don't exist in one
>query. I managed to do it in Access by referencing a query that I had
>previously created, but I was wondering if it was possible to do this in one
Not in one step, no. If you're still using Access you can of course set
up a query chain as in your example. But if you're using 'pure'
MySQL-4.0.x, you'll have to make a temporary table from the 1st query,
and then run your second query against this temp table.

Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
NUS Consulting Group
Level 5, 77 Pacific Highway
North Sydney, NSW, Australia 2060
T: (+61) 2 9922-7676 / F: (+61) 2 9922 7989
email: dkasak@stripped
Find records that don't exist in MySQl 4.0Andrew Hargreaves29 Apr
  • Re: Find records that don't exist in MySQl 4.0Daniel Kasak29 Apr