List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<jabbott Date:April 27 2005 8:23pm
Subject:query question
View as plain text
I have a table that the important parts look something like:
keynum int,
entryDate datetime,
amount varchar(10)

What I want to do is a query that gets me every day of the year and just has null values
for the days that don't have anything in the amount column.  Is something like that
possible with sql?  In fact, what I would really like is:

select month(entryDate) as monthPart, day(entryDate) as dayPart, amount
from raindata
order by dayPart, monthPart

just with the whole year filled in.  it will make my later code simplier if I can not have
to test for values as much.

--ja

query questionjabbott27 Apr
  • RE: query questionmathias fatene27 Apr
  • Re: query questionPeter Brawley27 Apr