List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nikola Skoric Date:April 27 2005 7:43am
Subject:connecting with PHP from remote server - security breach?
View as plain text
Hello,

I'm wondering whether there is a way to hack into my database if I'm connecting with PHP
from remote web server to my MySQL server with unencrypted connection? I'm using phpBB
forums (residing on one server and using the database on other server) which do not suport

SSH connections, so I'd like to know if I'm opening a security hole in my system this way?

--
"Znam, kaljavo ordenje na mom kaputu je..."

Thread
connecting with PHP from remote server - security breach?Nikola Skoric27 Apr
  • Re: connecting with PHP from remote server - security breach?Chris28 Apr
  • Re: connecting with PHP from remote server - security breach?Gleb Paharenko28 Apr
  • Re: connecting with PHP from remote server - security breach?Brent Baisley28 Apr