List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Schalk Neethling Date:April 24 2005 10:51pm
Subject:joining six tables by mutual column
View as plain text
Greetings everyone.

Hope someone can give me some pointers here. I have six tables in the
database and I need to JOIN them on a row that appears in all of the
tables. How do I do this? I have so far done the normal 'cross-join'
saying SELECT * FROM table1, table2, table3, table4, table5, table6
WHERE something = something;

I have also added STRAIGHT_JOIN to force the order but, how do I JOIN
six tables to/by one column? I have done some google searches as well as
looked at MySQL 2nd edition by Paul DuBois, sorry if I missed something
here Paul, and so far I have not found an answer. Any help or pointers
will be appreciated. Thank you.

--
Kind Regards
Schalk Neethling

We support OpenSource
Get Firefox!- The browser reloaded - http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or confidential and
may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party without the permission of the
sender. If you received this message in error, please notify me immediately so that I can
correct and delete the original email. Thank you.

Thread
joining six tables by mutual columnSchalk Neethling25 Apr
  • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnRichard Lynch25 Apr
  • RE: joining six tables by mutual columnmathias fatene25 Apr
    • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnSchalk Neethling2 May
      • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnPeter Brawley2 May
      • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnMichael Stassen2 May
  • Re: joining six tables by mutual columnNick Pasich25 Apr