List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:April 20 2005 10:49pm
Subject:Question about combination PRIMARY keys and INDEX
View as plain text
If I have a table with a primary key like this:

CREATE TABLE `answers` (
`qid` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,
`userid` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,
`groupid` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL ,
`comments` TEXT NOT NULL ,
 PRIMARY ( `qid` , `userid` , `groupid` )
);

But I will also be searching in various pages, for all 'answers' from a
certain userid or say that belong to a certain groupid, do I still need to
create separate INDEXes for those fields, or is it enough to have them in
that combination PRIMARY key?

Thread
Question about combination PRIMARY keys and INDEXDaevid Vincent21 Apr
Re: Question about combination PRIMARY keys and INDEXDaniel Kasak21 Apr
  • Re: Question about combination PRIMARY keys and INDEXPaul DuBois21 Apr