List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Lloyd Date:April 18 2005 11:07pm
Subject:Re: InnoDB Performance
View as plain text
Eko and all,

> >The MyIsam storage engine is a non transactional engine and InnoDb is
> >a transactional engine. That is the main difference. So I think the
> >MyIsam  engine should be faster.

However, some file systems that have journals are faster than non
journalling file system. It's not always that clear cut. I've just
switched a number of big customer databases to InnoDB and noone's
noticed any difference - if anything it's going faster.

DSL

( mysql, sql )
Thread
InnoDB PerformanceMarcin Lewandowski12 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB PerformanceReto Breitenmoser12 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB Performancekernel12 Apr
    • Re: InnoDB PerformanceMarcin Lewandowski12 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB PerformanceDaniel Kasak13 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB PerformanceGleb Paharenko13 Apr
Re: InnoDB PerformanceMarcin Lewandowski12 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB PerformanceGary Richardson13 Apr
Re: InnoDB PerformanceHeikki Tuuri13 Apr
Re: InnoDB PerformanceMarcin Lewandowski13 Apr
Re: InnoDB PerformanceEko Budiharto18 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB PerformanceReto Breitenmoser18 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB PerformanceDavid Lloyd19 Apr
  • Re: InnoDB PerformanceJigal van Hemert19 Apr