List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Sargent Date:April 17 2005 5:40am
Subject:Re: MySQL not starting at boot-Fedora Core 3
View as plain text
Andy Pieters wrote:

>Hi
>
>Try to see in the log files
>
>cat /var/log/mysqld
>
>or start the mysql server and then type
>
>tail /var/log/messages
>
>On Fedora, once you have properly installed mysql there is no need to reboot
>your system to test it.  Just type /sbin/service mysql start
>other options you can use there: stop restart
>
>I have a MySql server on one of my machines that is running FC3 and I don't
>even have mysql_safe here.  (Version 3.23.58)
>
>Andy

Hi All,

that's just the problem. It won't start that way. I had already checked
the logs, but, it only seems to log things after starting, bringing me
back to zero position, a server that won't start this way. Cheers.

[root@localhost ~]# /sbin/service mysql start
Can't execute ./bin/mysqld_safe                            [FAILED]

Thread
MySQL not starting at boot-Fedora Core 3Mark Sargent16 Apr
  • Re: MySQL not starting at boot-Fedora Core 3Andy Pieters16 Apr
    • Re: MySQL not starting at boot-Fedora Core 3Mark Sargent17 Apr
      • Re: MySQL not starting at boot-Fedora Core 3Michael Stassen17 Apr
        • Re: MySQL not starting at boot-Fedora Core 3Mark Sargent18 Apr
  • Re: MySQL not starting at boot-Fedora Core 3Gleb Paharenko18 Apr