List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B Wiley Snyder Date:April 17 2005 4:01am
Subject:Re: MySQL bottleneck
View as plain text
So is karma :)

>From: sol beach <sol.beach@stripped>
>To: B Wiley Snyder <wwwileynet@stripped>
>Subject: Re: MySQL bottleneck
>Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:56:08 -0700
>
>Incompetence is its own reward.
>
>Simply put, 360K is NOT a big number or DB given today's hardware.
>
>On 4/16/05, B Wiley Snyder <wwwileynet@stripped> wrote:
> > Oh wait, I see what happend. I stepped on MY OWN thread. I hate when I
>do
> > that ! Sorry
> >
> > >From: valentin_nils@stripped
> > >To: "B Wiley Snyder" <wwwileynet@stripped>
> > >CC: mysql@stripped
> > >Subject: Re: MySQL bottleneck
> > >Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:21:36 -0000 (UTC)
> > >
> > >Hello there,
> > >
> > >no offence but that questions is not answerable. I wouldnt expect many
> > >replies. Let me try to help you out by asking YOU a few questions which
> > >might point you into the correct direction:
> > >
> > >1) Is the data entered once and than mostly read access or is it
> > >frequently updated ?
> > >
> > >2) Do you need transaction support ?
> > >
> > >3) Do you need the data to be EASY transferable between different OS
> > >(MAC/WIN/Unix/Linux) ?
> > >
> > >BTW: You posted into another thread (which is not good).
> > >I suggest you think about the above questions and start a new topic
>again.
> > >
> > >Best regards
> > >
> > >Nils Valentin
> > >Tokyo / Japan
> > >
> > >http://www.be-known-online.com

>data,
>need

>10:38:12

> on
>
>example
> record is

>1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10
> > >but

> -
>it's

>unique,
>requirement
> of

> > >record

> > >--

>http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowB Wiley Snyder12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowJason Martin12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowMartijn Tonies12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowSGreen12 Apr
    • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowB Wiley Snyder15 Apr
    • MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder16 Apr
      • Re: MySQL bottleneckvalentin_nils17 Apr
        • Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
RE: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowJohn Schmidt12 Apr
Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
  • Re: MySQL bottleneckvalentin_nils17 Apr
    • Starting a thread (Was Re: MySQL bottleneck)Michael Stassen17 Apr
  • Re: MySQL bottleneckMartijn Tonies17 Apr