List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B Wiley Snyder Date:April 17 2005 1:52am
Subject:Re: MySQL bottleneck
View as plain text
Oh wait, I see what happend. I stepped on MY OWN thread. I hate when I do
that ! Sorry

>From: valentin_nils@stripped
>To: "B Wiley Snyder" <wwwileynet@stripped>
>CC: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Re: MySQL bottleneck
>Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:21:36 -0000 (UTC)
>
>Hello there,
>
>no offence but that questions is not answerable. I wouldnt expect many
>replies. Let me try to help you out by asking YOU a few questions which
>might point you into the correct direction:
>
>1) Is the data entered once and than mostly read access or is it
>frequently updated ?
>
>2) Do you need transaction support ?
>
>3) Do you need the data to be EASY transferable between different OS
>(MAC/WIN/Unix/Linux) ?
>
>BTW: You posted into another thread (which is not good).
>I suggest you think about the above questions and start a new topic again.
>
>Best regards
>
>Nils Valentin
>Tokyo / Japan
>
>http://www.be-known-online.com
>

> > Hello there, let's say I have 365,000 users I need to enter their data,
> > pull
> > from it and modify it regularly. Is MySql the way to go ? Or do I need
> > buy an oracle or ms server ?
> >
> > thanks in advance for a clue
> >
> >>From: SGreen@stripped
> >>To: "B Wiley Snyder" <wwwileynet@stripped>
> >>CC: mysql@stripped
> >>Subject: Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a Row
> >>Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:48:54 -0400
> >>
> >>"B Wiley Snyder" <wwwileynet@stripped> wrote on 04/11/2005 10:38:12
> >> PM:

> >>retaining
> >>have
> >>inserted.

>but

> >>FREE!
> >> >

> >>It sounds like you are confusing a data storage requirement (a unique,
> >>non-repeating identifier for every row) with a presentation requirement
> >> (a
> >>neatly numbered list of records). If I need a nicely ordered list of
> >>numbers, I use my programming language to provide it. If I need to
> >>uniquely identify a record, I use the ID.
> >>
> >>When an ID has been issued, it generally stays "used" even if that
>record
> >>no longer exists.
> >>

> >>Shawn Green
> >>Database Administrator
> >>Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

>--

How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowB Wiley Snyder12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowJason Martin12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowMartijn Tonies12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowSGreen12 Apr
    • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowB Wiley Snyder15 Apr
    • MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder16 Apr
      • Re: MySQL bottleneckvalentin_nils17 Apr
        • Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
RE: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowJohn Schmidt12 Apr
Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
  • Re: MySQL bottleneckvalentin_nils17 Apr
    • Starting a thread (Was Re: MySQL bottleneck)Michael Stassen17 Apr
  • Re: MySQL bottleneckMartijn Tonies17 Apr