List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Sargent Date:April 16 2005 10:08am
Subject:Access denied-phpMyAdmin
View as plain text
Hi All,

I can access the database from the terminal on Fedora 3,

[root@localhost bin]# ./mysql -h localhost -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 4.1.10a-standard

mysql>

But, get the following error when accessing via phpMyAdmin with user as
root and the correct password,

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected
the connection. You should check the host, username and password in
config.inc.php and make sure that they correspond to the information
given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

|#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I don't understand this. What have I missed..?

$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] = 'http://localhost/phpMyAdmin-2.6.1-pl3/';

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']          = 'root';      // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']      = 'password is correct';
// MySQL password (only needed

Cheers.

Mark Sargent.
Thread
Access denied-phpMyAdminMark Sargent16 Apr