List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Dunlop Date:April 15 2005 10:51pm
Subject:Re: zip code search within x miles
View as plain text
I haven't looked into this recently, but as long as 15  years ago there were
zip -> mile libraries available; I assume similar libraries still exist.
The ones I worked with all used only the first 3 digits.  Full five digit
and nine digit zips get to pretty specific geographic locations, a level of
accuracy not needed when telling people what resource exist within "x"
miles.   You might try google something like: (zipcode OR zip)  distance
software library
HTH

Bob