List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Randall Jonasz Date:April 14 1999 3:02pm
Subject:selecting content from one db into another
View as plain text
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me with the following problem.  I
need to copy some content from a table in one database and import it
into a table in another mySQL database.  I was thinking of writing a
script to format the output of
select * from directory where parent = num into outfile ~/dirtable.txt
with the appropriate insert into table values( ...,...,....); format.
Is there an easier way of accomplishing this through mySQL?

Thanks for your help,

Randy Jonasz
rjonasz@stripped
701 New Media

Thread
selecting content from one db into anotherRandall Jonasz14 Apr
  • Re: selecting content from one db into anotherPaul DuBois14 Apr