List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:SGreen Date:April 15 2005 6:42pm
Subject:Re: LEFT JOINS same data twice?
View as plain text
Fixing my brain farts :-(

<snip>
> Run your "current status" queries against the "current" table while if
you
> want in-depth history of a particular flight, use the "history" table.
> This will increase your responsiveness considerably as there should be
> only 1 record per active flight in that table.

I meant to say one record per flight in the Curent table.

> There are several ways to approach this:
>
> a) INSERT everything into the history table then on a periodic basis,
> regenerate the Current table.
> b) INSERT records into both tables and DELETE the old one from the
history
> table.

Again, I meant to delete the old records from the Current table, not the
history table.

My apologies to the list!

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine
Thread
LEFT JOINS same data twice?Chris Knipe13 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOINS same data twice?Peter Brawley13 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOINS same data twice?Rhino13 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOINS same data twice?Roger Baklund13 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOINS same data twice?Chris Knipe15 Apr
    • Re: LEFT JOINS same data twice?SGreen15 Apr
      • Re: LEFT JOINS same data twice?Peter Brawley15 Apr