List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:April 12 2005 8:11am
Subject:Re: slave out of sync
View as plain text
Hello.

Replication shouldn't die if one of the participants goes offline.
But unclean shutdowns of the master may cause inconsistencies between the
content of tables and the binary log in master; this can be avoided by
using InnoDB tables and the --innodb-safe-binlog option on the master.
See Replication for part of the manual for more advices and switch to the
latest release if you haven't it yet.

> think this is what i am going to have to do as i found more errors this
> morning with the slave thread dead. now that i know how to setup
> repilcation it won't be as painful this go around. my only remaining
> problem with this is i thought that this shouldn't have happened in the
> first place. am i going to face this problem any time the master goes
> offline or for that matter the slave goes offline?

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
slave out of syncChris Scheller8 Apr
  • Re: slave out of syncGleb Paharenko11 Apr
    • Re: slave out of syncLocal12 Apr
      • Re: slave out of syncGleb Paharenko12 Apr
  • Re: slave out of syncJeff Smelser14 Apr
    • Re: slave out of syncLocal15 Apr
    • Re: slave out of syncAtle Veka15 Apr
RE: slave out of syncnormandl14 Apr