List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:B Wiley Snyder Date:April 12 2005 2:38am
Subject:How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a Row
View as plain text
Hello experts,

I just need someone to please point me in the right direction on retaining
my "key" or id order in my table when I delete a row. So for example I have
10 rows Id 1-10 that are created automatically when the record is inserted.

So if I delete record with id 5 my id's are not 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10 but
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ???

thanks

How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowB Wiley Snyder12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowJason Martin12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowMartijn Tonies12 Apr
  • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowSGreen12 Apr
    • Re: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowB Wiley Snyder15 Apr
    • MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder16 Apr
      • Re: MySQL bottleneckvalentin_nils17 Apr
        • Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
RE: How to retain "Key" order when Deleting a RowJohn Schmidt12 Apr
Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
Re: MySQL bottleneckB Wiley Snyder17 Apr
  • Re: MySQL bottleneckvalentin_nils17 Apr
    • Starting a thread (Was Re: MySQL bottleneck)Michael Stassen17 Apr
  • Re: MySQL bottleneckMartijn Tonies17 Apr