List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Emmett Bishop Date:April 11 2005 4:53pm
Subject:Analyze Table
View as plain text
Howdy all,

Quick question about Analyze table. I just deleted 3+
million records from a table that gets a lot of insert
activity throughout the day. It seems like now would
be a good time to run optimize table and/or analyze
table. I saw in the docs that analyze table puts a
read lock on the table. This will prevent
inserts/updates/deletes while the table is being
analyzed, correct? For a table with 5 million records
(the table has 5 int fields, 1 decimal, 1 timestamp) I
would assume that this might take a while. I don't
want to tie this table up for a long period of time
during the day/evening. Just wanted to see if, in
anyone's experience, this is generally a fast or slow
thing.

Cheers,

Tripp

http://mail.yahoo.com
Thread
Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
  • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
    • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Peter Brawley11 Apr
      • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
  • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Rhino11 Apr
    • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
      • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Peter Brawley11 Apr
        • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
          • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Peter Brawley11 Apr
            • Analyze TableEmmett Bishop11 Apr