List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Bolser Date:April 11 2005 2:18pm
Subject:Re: Display 1st row of every group?
View as plain text
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Peter Brawley wrote:

>/>I guess that entry is either wrong or misleading./
>
>Ordering by another column which isn't mutually dependent with the
>grouping column will have unpredictable results. Is that what you mean
>by the example being "wrong or misleading"?

No, I mean the example here

http://www.artfulsoftware.com/queries.php#4

Its misleading in so far as it mislead me. Strange how we can take on
faith the behaviour of something that is so clearly not doing what is
expected simply given the context in which it is presented!

Thread
Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
  • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
    • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Peter Brawley11 Apr
      • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
  • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Rhino11 Apr
    • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
      • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Peter Brawley11 Apr
        • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Dan Bolser11 Apr
          • Re: Display 1st row of every group?Peter Brawley11 Apr
            • Analyze TableEmmett Bishop11 Apr