List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 10 1999 1:45am
Subject:RE: Installation problem
View as plain text
>>>>> "stephane" == stephane EVEILLARD <steff33@stripped> writes:

stephane> -----Original Message-----
stephane> From: Bob Kline [mailto:bkline@stripped]
stephane> Sent: lundi 8 novembre 1999 23:33
stephane> To: stephane EVEILLARD
stephane> Cc: mysql@stripped
stephane> Subject: Re: Installation problem

stephane> On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, stephane EVEILLARD wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm newbie to Linux and
>> I'm trying to install mysql 3.22.27 on slackware 7.0.
>> When I run scripts/mysql_install_db, I've got the following message :
>>
>> mysql_install_db not found.
>>
>> I've check the script directory and found a file named
>> mysql_install_db.sh .
>>
>> Can somebody help me ??

stephane> That's not the first step.  Are you installing from the source
stephane> distribution or a binary?

stephane> --
stephane> Bob Kline
stephane> mailto:bkline@stripped
stephane> http://www.rksystems.com

stephane> I'm installing from a binary, got mysql manual and I hava followed
stephane> instructoins given by this manual

Which binary distribution did you download ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Installation problemstephane EVEILLARD9 Nov
  • Re: Installation problemBob Kline9 Nov
    • RE: Installation problemstephane EVEILLARD9 Nov
      • RE: Installation problemBob Kline9 Nov
      • RE: Installation problemMichael Widenius10 Nov