List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Miller Date:April 8 2005 9:14am
Subject:Re: CSV-to-SQL?
View as plain text
I didn't know the CSV table-type existed -- sounds really cool!

As I understand it, it will save table data in a flat CSV file, but if
I already have a CSV file, can I trick MySQL into thinking it's a
table?  That wasn't clear from the documentation.

Richard

On Apr 5, 2005, at 7:47 PM, Renato Golin wrote:

> You could use the CSV table type:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/csv-storage-engine.html
>
> Or use the LOAD DATA INFILE to import all data:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/LOAD_DATA.html
>
> --rengolin
>
> --- Richard Miller <richardkmiller@stripped> wrote:
>> I have a dozen, very large CSV files that I would
>> like to put into a
>> MySQL database, with 1 table per file.  Does anyone
>> know of a PHP (or
>> other) script that can read the first few lines of a
>> CSV file and
>> create an appropriate CREATE TABLE statement based
>> on the data it
>> finds?  (Even better, it could import the file
>> afterwards!)  I'm not
>> picky about data types here; I'd simply like to get
>> this data into
>> tables so I can work with it more easily.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Richard Miller
>>

>> --
>>
> http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1
>>

> Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis.
> Instale o discador agora! http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

Thread
CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller6 Apr
Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin6 Apr
  • CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
  • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller8 Apr
    • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin8 Apr
RE: CSV-to-SQL?Bob)6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
    • Re: CSV storage enginePhilippe Poelvoorde6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineTom Crimmins6 Apr