List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:April 7 2005 4:24pm
Subject:Re: Need help in Stored procedures and functions
View as plain text
Dinesh,

A stored func returns a scalar. To return multiple values, use an sproc
declaring the INOUT variables you need, & pick up their values in the
calling code after the sproc has executed.

Peter Brawley
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

-----

Anchan, Dinesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write a function which returns multiple values.  I
> don't know if this is allowed or not but i am not able to create this
> function.  I get the following error:
>
> ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
> manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
> syntax to use near '
>    integer,
>    integer,                  ' at line 7
> I have attached the function i am trying to create.  Please refer to
> the attached thread for contract related information.
>
> I would appreciate if somebody can give me a call so that i can clear
> few other questions.
>
> Thanks
> Dinesh Anchan
> 212-231-7187

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.4 - Release Date: 4/6/2005
Thread
Need help in Stored procedures and functionsDinesh Anchan7 Apr
  • Re: Need help in Stored procedures and functionsPeter Brawley7 Apr
RE: Need help in Stored procedures and functionsDinesh Anchan7 Apr
  • RE: Need help in Stored procedures and functionsSGreen7 Apr