List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 6 2005 1:59pm
Subject:Re: CSV storage engine
View as plain text
> >>Sorry, I don't use windows 8-) except when I have to. All my servers are
> >>unix/linux and I can build them at will. I think there are instructions
> >>in the manual for building it but I think you would probably have to
> >>purchase a C++ compiler or similar.
> >

> > Exactly the reason why I do NOT want to build it :-)
> >
> > I know MySQL "used to be" build by everyone ... but IMO, this
> > doesn't make sense no more ...
>
> I don't see why. I'm use to compile the library in debug mode, to
> retrieve the call-stack and the faulty SQL string directly in my IDE.
> That's where sources are great, you can choose what you want in your
> binary, engines, features, and so on.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do that ...

I'm saying that I don't want to do that. And, I guess, a whole lot of
people don't want to set up complete build environments for another
product. Let alone build their production server :-)

So, do you have a binary with "csv engine" enabled?

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller6 Apr
Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin6 Apr
  • CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
  • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller8 Apr
    • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin8 Apr
RE: CSV-to-SQL?Bob)6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
    • Re: CSV storage enginePhilippe Poelvoorde6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineTom Crimmins6 Apr