List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Renato Golin Date:April 6 2005 1:47am
Subject:Re: CSV-to-SQL?
View as plain text
You could use the CSV table type:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/csv-storage-engine.html

Or use the LOAD DATA INFILE to import all data:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/LOAD_DATA.html

--rengolin

--- Richard Miller <richardkmiller@stripped> wrote:
> I have a dozen, very large CSV files that I would
> like to put into a
> MySQL database, with 1 table per file.  Does anyone
> know of a PHP (or
> other) script that can read the first few lines of a
> CSV file and
> create an appropriate CREATE TABLE statement based
> on the data it
> finds?  (Even better, it could import the file
> afterwards!)  I'm not
> picky about data types here; I'd simply like to get
> this data into
> tables so I can work with it more easily.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard Miller

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller6 Apr
Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin6 Apr
  • CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
  • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller8 Apr
    • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin8 Apr
RE: CSV-to-SQL?Bob)6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
    • Re: CSV storage enginePhilippe Poelvoorde6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineTom Crimmins6 Apr