List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Miller Date:April 6 2005 12:17am
Subject:CSV-to-SQL?
View as plain text
I have a dozen, very large CSV files that I would like to put into a
MySQL database, with 1 table per file.  Does anyone know of a PHP (or
other) script that can read the first few lines of a CSV file and
create an appropriate CREATE TABLE statement based on the data it
finds?  (Even better, it could import the file afterwards!)  I'm not
picky about data types here; I'd simply like to get this data into
tables so I can work with it more easily.

Thanks,
Richard Miller

Thread
CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller6 Apr
Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin6 Apr
  • CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
  • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Richard Miller8 Apr
    • Re: CSV-to-SQL?Renato Golin8 Apr
RE: CSV-to-SQL?Bob)6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineSST - Adelaide)6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
    • Re: CSV storage enginePhilippe Poelvoorde6 Apr
  • Re: CSV storage engineMartijn Tonies6 Apr
RE: CSV storage engineTom Crimmins6 Apr