List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Sales (DBA) Date:April 5 2005 12:59pm
Subject:Re: Performance Tuning - Table Joins
View as plain text
j llarens wrote:

>2) varchar(255) on ALL fields? That's unlikely, in-cre-di-ble. Right type for the
> right
>data, int for numbers, float for money, char for fixed string, and certainly NOT 255
> for
>lenght! If its necesary such amount of characters, TEXT or BLOB must be used, but only
> if
>it is necesary.

- I'd recommend not using float for money. You get rounding errors.

- ian

| Ian Sales                                  Database Administrator |
|                              "All your database are belong to us" |
| ebuyer                                      http://www.ebuyer.com |

Performance Tuning - Table JoinsJason Johnson4 Apr
  • Re: Performance Tuning - Table JoinsMichael Stassen4 Apr
    • Re: Performance Tuning - Table JoinsJason Johnson4 Apr
      • Re: Performance Tuning - Table JoinsSGreen5 Apr
  • Re: Performance Tuning - Table Joinsmos4 Apr
    • RE: Performance Tuning - Table Joinsgunmuse4 Apr
RE: Performance Tuning - Table Joinsj llarens5 Apr
  • Re: Performance Tuning - Table JoinsDBA)5 Apr