List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:April 2 2005 6:31pm
Subject:Re: [Q] Database design
View as plain text
Eric,

If I understand you correctly, you propose to encode user and group info
as table names. That's a mistake. To use an RDBMS like MySQL
effectively, you want to encode your information as rows of data in
tables whose names and structures do not vary. May I suggest you read
some of the tutorials listed at
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/dbresources.html, and/or read
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/mysqlbook/sampler/mysqled1ch01.pdf.

PB