List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:March 31 2005 10:53am
Subject:Re: Index on boolean column
View as plain text
> > I have to keep all transactions in one table for our reporting and
futher
> > analysing and if some other customers need exports I just can create
batch
> > sripts which will export their data for their own processing.
> >
> > Thank you for your help and time and also thanks others which responded
> > my question.
>
> The best thing you can do is creating a bunch of test data. Use the flag.
> Test it. Next, try other ways. Test it.
>
> Measuring is knowing. And take a look at the query plans involved.

<plug>
btw, our tool "Database Workbench" has a neat "Test Data Generator"
that can be used to create (semi) random data.

Also, on our site: Advanced Data Generator (MySQL Editition).

:-)

</plug>

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Index on boolean columnDušan Pavlica30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnAlec.Cawley30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnMartijn Tonies30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnbeacker30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnDušan Pavlica31 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnMartijn Tonies31 Mar