List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:March 31 2005 1:26am
Subject:Re: license question
View as plain text
Hello.

The complete answer could only be obtained from licensing@stripped.

Pat Ballard <pat_bllrd@stripped> wrote:
> Suppose i distribute MySQL-4.1 with an appliance,
> which is a sealed x86 machine running a Linux
> distribution made by another entity (ok, it's Red
> Hat). I don't write any code that's directly linked to
> MySQL, I'm only using the existing php-mysql, etc.,
> packages already provided by the distribution, plus
> some third-party apps that are under GPL and link to
> MySQL (applications that access MySQL, not written by
> me, but are Open Source GPL projects off SourceForge
> and other places - i just bundle them with the
> appliance).
> Any code that I write personally is PHP and sits on
> top of the php-mysql module provided by Red Hat.
>
> The end-user has no direct visibility to the database,
> in fact, the end-user might never know it's MySQL -
> all that is visible is the PHP interface, via Apache.
>
> In this case, what's the license? Is MySQL still free
> (under GPL)?

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
license questionPat Ballard31 Mar
  • Re: license questionvalentin_nils31 Mar
  • RE: license questionDaevid Vincent31 Mar
    • RE: license questiongunmuse31 Mar
      • RE: license questionDaevid Vincent31 Mar
      • Re: license questionMichael Satterwhite31 Mar
    • Re: license questionMark Matthews31 Mar
  • Re: license questionGleb Paharenko31 Mar
Re: license questionPat Ballard31 Mar
RE: license questionSST - Adelaide)31 Mar
RE: license questionPat Ballard31 Mar