List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dušan Pavlica Date:March 31 2005 7:34am
Subject:Re: Index on boolean column
View as plain text
> >maybe this is a silly question but how useful it is to create indexes on
>>columns containing only values 0 and 1 (true and false)?
>
> Perhaps, instead of the index, you might revise your schema a bit.
>
> Why do you have this boolean column? What are you trying to
> achieve?

I use boolean columns as a flags mostly to mark records as 'exported'. For
example I have table 'Transactions' and I have to export data for some of
our customers (never for all of them).

Dusan

Thread
Index on boolean columnDušan Pavlica30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnAlec.Cawley30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnMartijn Tonies30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnbeacker30 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnDušan Pavlica31 Mar
  • Re: Index on boolean columnMartijn Tonies31 Mar