List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bas A. Schulte Date:March 30 2005 9:17pm
Subject:Stepping back in time: copying data from 4.0.20 to 4.0.17, ok?
View as plain text
Hi all,

I need to move a database from a 4.0.20 MySQL server to a 4.0.17
server. I expect it will work fine when simply scp-ing the whole
/var/lib/mysql/MY-DATABASE to the other server's /var/lib/mysql
directory, with only a minor version difference.

Can anyone confirm this is going to work and will 4.0.17 be able to
read the 4.0.20 generated data files without problems?

I'd love to upgrade the 4.0.17 server but it's running another database
that really can't go offline.

Thanks in advance,

Bas.

Thread
Stepping back in time: copying data from 4.0.20 to 4.0.17, ok?Bas A. Schulte30 Mar