List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Asad Habib Date:March 30 2005 3:53pm
Subject:GROUP BY, ORDER BY clauses
View as plain text
Does MySQL 4.1 support the use of GROUP BY and ORDER BY used in
conjunction with one another? I have tried to execute several queries
with both these clauses but the result set I get is different from what I
expect. My queries read as follows:

SELECT *, *, * FROM *
WHERE *
GROUP BY * ORDER BY *

Also, does GROUP BY only work on fields that are strings (i.e.
CHAR, VARCHAR, TEXT, etc.). Thanks in advance.

- Asad
Thread
GROUP BY, ORDER BY clausesAsad Habib30 Mar
  • Re: GROUP BY, ORDER BY clausesSGreen30 Mar
    • Re: GROUP BY, ORDER BY clausesAsad Habib30 Mar
  • Re: GROUP BY, ORDER BY clausesMichael Genereux31 Mar