List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Leith Date:March 29 2005 10:57am
Subject:RE: 5.03 Still crashes on win32
View as plain text
There's no real "official" word on the 5.0.2 crashes on win32, although
I believe there were a number of bug reports. A lot of the crashing that
I have come across when using 5.0.2 on win32 has to do with the
"informational" functions - DESCRIBE, SHOW etc.

There were also a number of crashes that I came across when trying
views, but these seemed to be related the view algorithms, as with
certain functions (inserting to a view etc.) the algorithm was supposed
to be dynamic as I understand, but that functionality hadn't been fully
written.

Creating views on a join of a table and another view, then selecting
from it also caused crashing.

On speaking with one of the support guys, he mentioned that pretty much
all of this had been fixed on win32 within 5.0.3 however.

Frederick - do you have reproducible test cases for the crashes? Filing
them over at bugs.mysql.com would be helpful if you do..

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Leith