List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:March 24 2005 8:14pm
Subject:RE: a very tricky string extraction
View as plain text
[snip]
01/01/05 SG Reviewed this
12/15/03 DSD Reviewed that
10/24/02 EWW Worked on that and tested this then stop to do something
else
05/02/01 AW Did something
08/31/98 DSD Tested this
07/22/97 EWW Worked on that and did something

I need a Select statement that returns the Date for the first occurance
of the 'Tested this' substring
[/snip]

That is a bad way to keep a date, but try....I am not sure you can use
MIN here...NOT TESTED

SELECT MIN(SUBSTRING(myField, 1, 8)) FROM myTable;
[/snip]

With the WHERE condition of course....
Thread
a very tricky string extractionEd Reed24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionDan Nelson24 Mar
    • Re: a very tricky string extractionKeith Ivey24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionKeith Ivey24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionJoerg Bruehe24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionSGreen24 Mar
RE: a very tricky string extractionJay Blanchard24 Mar
RE: a very tricky string extractionJay Blanchard24 Mar
Re: a very tricky string extractionEd Reed24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionSGreen24 Mar
Re: a very tricky string extractionEd Reed24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionEamon Daly24 Mar
    • Re: a very tricky string extractionKeith Ivey24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionEamon Daly25 Mar
Re: a very tricky string extractionEd Reed24 Mar