List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Ivey Date:March 24 2005 8:04pm
Subject:Re: a very tricky string extraction
View as plain text
Dan Nelson wrote:

> How about:
>
> SELECT LEFT(description, 8) FROM mytable WHERE description LIKE "%tested this%" LIMIT
> 1

Hmm, I assumed he was talking about a multi-line VARCHAR, but
now that I look again Dan's interpretation is probably the right
one.  My previous message doesn't apply (except for the bit
about breaking it into columns if you're doing it regularly).

--
Keith Ivey <keith@stripped>
Smokefree DC
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionSGreen24 Mar
Re: a very tricky string extractionEd Reed24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionEamon Daly24 Mar
    • Re: a very tricky string extractionKeith Ivey24 Mar
  • Re: a very tricky string extractionEamon Daly25 Mar
Re: a very tricky string extractionEd Reed24 Mar