List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:March 24 2005 5:33pm
Subject:Re: MySQL server disconnects when executing simple Select
statements++
View as plain text
At 11:07 AM 3/23/2005, V. M. Brasseur wrote:
>You say it usually crashes near the same record?  Could you post the
>record information and also the query which is being run?
>
>Also, is there any information in your hostname.err file?  If mysqld is
>bailing (and it appears that it is), it ought to be writing something
>useful to the error log.
>
>Cheers,
>
>--V
>
>mos wrote:
>>I have a compiled application that accesses a dedicated MySQL 4.1.1
>>server with MyISAM tables on Win XP. For some reason when the application
>>is in a loop doing simple single table Select statements, the MySQL
>>server after 48 seconds of processing will upchuck with the error "Can't
>>connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10048)".
>>This machine has the server and application on it and no one else is
>>using it.  MaxUsedConnections=3 and connections=3974 after it crashes. It
>>is doing about 20 queries per second before it crashes. It usually
>>crashes near the same record. Seconds after the crash if I have another
>>application do a "Show status" I get an error "Lost connection to MySQL
>>server during query". If I wait a few seconds and re-run it, I get the
>>status results.
>>It is running on Win XP AMD 3500+ with 1g ram. There is plenty of memory
>>because the queries are returning only a dozen rows, maybe less.
>>Any idea how I can eliminate the crashing?
>>Mike

Thanks to everyone to posted to me publicly and privately on this problem.
I finally traced the problem to a 3rd party set of MySQL components I was
using for Delphi. It appears they have a bug in their MYSQL query component
that caused a socket error if too many queries/second were executed and it
momentarily caused the MySQL server to disconnect not only for my
application, but all applications using the MySQL server. I was able to get
around it by changing one of their properties. I can't believe I spent a
day taking everything apart and twiddling with MYSQL settings and my
program only to find the problem was with a 3rd party component. Sheesh!

Mike

Thread
MySQL server disconnects when executing simple Selectstatements++mos23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL server disconnects when executing simple Select statements++V. M. Brasseur23 Mar
    • Re: MySQL server disconnects when executing simple Select statements++mos24 Mar
  • Re: MySQL server disconnects when executing simple Select statements++SGreen23 Mar
  • Re: MySQL server disconnects when executing simple Select statements++James Nobis23 Mar
RE: MySQL server disconnects when executing simple Select statements++Victor Pendleton23 Mar