List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Cole Date:March 23 2005 5:28pm
Subject:Re: How to import data from Dbase3?
View as plain text
Hi,

> How do I import data from Dbase3 into MySQL?

My software, libmygis, is mainly designed for loading a set of
Shapefiles into MySQL (.SHP, .SHX, .DBF) but it's perfectly well capable
of loading just the dBase III/IV component.  Grab libmygis-0.5.1 from:

   http://jcole.us/software/libmygis/

You should be able to load a file, e.g. foo.dbf, by doing:

   tools/mysqlgisimport -S foo | mysql -u myuser -p mydb

It will automatically create a table suitable for the dBase file and
load the records in with the above command.

Regards,

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Cole
Technical Yahoo - MySQL (Database) Geek
Thread
How to import data from Dbase3?BG Mahesh23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Ehrwin Mina23 Mar
    • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Peter Brawley23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Navneet Karnani23 Mar
  • RE: How to import data from Dbase3?Osvaldo Sommer23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Jeremy Cole23 Mar
Re: How to import data from Dbase3?BG Mahesh23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Navneet Karnani23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Peter L. Berghold23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Ehrwin Mina28 Mar
Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Karam Chand23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Mauricio Pellegrini24 Mar