List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mel list_php Date:March 23 2005 11:00am
Subject:Re: search through one/several tables
View as plain text
Unfortunatly they are not, I have something like 30 tables, with I would say
10 to 15 fields per table.
The number of row per table is quite low, i think it won't exceed
500-1000/table. But I may sometimes have to search into dna sequences
(around 5000 atcg characters in any order), so that is quite heavy. Maybe
for that field a fulltext index would be helpful?

Thanks for your help,
Melanie

>From: Alec.Cawley@stripped
>To: list_php@stripped
>CC: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Re: search through one/several tables
>Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:44:53 +0000
>
>"mel list_php" <list_php@stripped> wrote on 23/03/2005 10:14:07:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I would like to search for something into one or several tables.
> > My first idea was to retrieve the tables' names, then for each of them
> > retrieve the columns' name and have a look in each of this column.
> > Is there a more elegant (fast) way to do that with mysql?
> >
> > Somebody has some tips/doc where I could look for search engines?My
>problem
> > is that I don't have one big table with all the data but several little
>ones
> > with few fields, so I don't think solutions like Lucene could work.
>
>If your tables are all identical, which it sounds like, you want to create
>a Merge Table: see
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/merge-storage-engine.html
>
>         Alec
>
>--

search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
  • Re: search through one/several tablesAlec.Cawley23 Mar
    • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
      • Re: search through one/several tablesAlec.Cawley23 Mar
      • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
        • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
          • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
            • Re: search through one/several tablesPeter Brawley23 Mar
              • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
                • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
                • Re: search through one/several tablesPeter Brawley23 Mar
RE: search through one/several tablesPat 006 Adams23 Mar