List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alec.Cawley Date:March 23 2005 10:44am
Subject:Re: search through one/several tables
View as plain text
"mel list_php" <list_php@stripped> wrote on 23/03/2005 10:14:07:

> Hi list,
>
> I would like to search for something into one or several tables.
> My first idea was to retrieve the tables' names, then for each of them
> retrieve the columns' name and have a look in each of this column.
> Is there a more elegant (fast) way to do that with mysql?
>
> Somebody has some tips/doc where I could look for search engines?My
problem
> is that I don't have one big table with all the data but several little
ones
> with few fields, so I don't think solutions like Lucene could work.

If your tables are all identical, which it sounds like, you want to create
a Merge Table: see
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/merge-storage-engine.html

        Alec
Thread
search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
  • Re: search through one/several tablesAlec.Cawley23 Mar
    • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
      • Re: search through one/several tablesAlec.Cawley23 Mar
      • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
        • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
          • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
            • Re: search through one/several tablesPeter Brawley23 Mar
              • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
                • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
                • Re: search through one/several tablesPeter Brawley23 Mar
RE: search through one/several tablesPat 006 Adams23 Mar