List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mel list_php Date:March 23 2005 10:14am
Subject:search through one/several tables
View as plain text
Hi list,

I would like to search for something into one or several tables.
My first idea was to retrieve the tables' names, then for each of them
retrieve the columns' name and have a look in each of this column.
Is there a more elegant (fast) way to do that with mysql?

Somebody has some tips/doc where I could look for search engines?My problem
is that I don't have one big table with all the data but several little ones
with few fields, so I don't think solutions like Lucene could work.

Thanks for any help,
Melanie

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Thread
search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
  • Re: search through one/several tablesAlec.Cawley23 Mar
    • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
      • Re: search through one/several tablesAlec.Cawley23 Mar
      • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
        • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
          • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
            • Re: search through one/several tablesPeter Brawley23 Mar
              • Re: search through one/several tablesmel list_php23 Mar
                • Re: search through one/several tablesSGreen23 Mar
                • Re: search through one/several tablesPeter Brawley23 Mar
RE: search through one/several tablesPat 006 Adams23 Mar