List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Francesc Guasch Date:March 23 2005 8:43am
Subject:mysql threads and debian woody
View as plain text
I have mysql-server   3.23.49-8.9 in a debian woody,
chosen for its stability. It looks like the server
stops accepting connections when it has created
more than 1024 threads.

The kernel is 2.4.29.

   failed: Can't create a new thread (errno 11). If you
   are not out of available memory.

I have searched a lot for OS problem :

I changed kernel thread max:
more /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max
14336

I also changed ulimit max open files in the init.d
mysql script:

   ulimit -n 60000 -u unlimited

I recompiled the kernel with a modified version
of limits.h

I still can't go beyond 1000 threads. I know this
because I type show processlist in mysql.

What else can I try ?

Thread
mysql threads and debian woodyFrancesc Guasch23 Mar
  • Re: mysql threads and debian woodyGleb Paharenko23 Mar
    • Re: mysql threads and debian woodyFrancesc Guasch24 Mar
  • Re: mysql threads and debian woody(mihai)26 Apr