List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:March 23 2005 8:21am
Subject:Re: How to import data from Dbase3?
View as plain text
Ehrin,

If you have dBase III or later, Clipper or FoxPro, you can export the
data comma-separated, then use a free csv-to-mysql utility eg
http://sourceforge.net/projects/csv-mysql/ to get it into mysql.

If you don't have an xbase executable, it's a little harder, but not
much provided there's no memo file. A dbase data file is an ASCII file
with a binary header.  You can read the header in any file viewer,
observe the header size, and find the field names & lengths. The data is
entirely ASCII, padded to exact col lengths, thus simple  to parse with
a perl or php script.

If there's a memo file, you need an xbase executable.

PB

-----

Ehrwin Mina wrote:

> BG Mahesh wrote:
>
>> hi
>>
>> How do I import data from Dbase3 into MySQL?
>>
>> --
>> B.G. Mahesh
>> bg.mahesh@stripped
>> http://www.indiainfo.com/
>>

> BG,
>
> There are tools you can use to migrate it to mysql, i use it before
> that i get it in the forum. You can search some forum indicating the
> migration tools for DB3, Foxpro, access.
>
> thanks,

How to import data from Dbase3?BG Mahesh23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Ehrwin Mina23 Mar
    • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Peter Brawley23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Navneet Karnani23 Mar
  • RE: How to import data from Dbase3?Osvaldo Sommer23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Jeremy Cole23 Mar
Re: How to import data from Dbase3?BG Mahesh23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Navneet Karnani23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Peter L. Berghold23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Ehrwin Mina28 Mar
Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Karam Chand23 Mar
  • Re: How to import data from Dbase3?Mauricio Pellegrini24 Mar