List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:March 22 2005 11:48pm
Subject:Re: Passing Arrays between pages
View as plain text
Or you can issue session_start() at the top of each page, assign your
array to $_SESSION[] in one page, and pluck it from the session array in
the other page.

(But you asked the question in the wrong forum)

PB

-----

Mike Johnson wrote:

>From: PartyPosters [mailto:sales@stripped]
>

>>Hello,
>>Please can someone tell me how you pass arrays between PHP pages.
>>I have tried something like this and have tried many
>>variations of this but
>>nothing working yet ;
>>

>>Page 1
>>$testArray[0] =Apple;
>>$testArray[1] =Banana;
>>$testArray[2] =Peach;
>>
>>echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
>>VALUE=\"$testArray\">";
>>
>>Page2
>>echo $testArray[1];
>>

>This is more of a PHP question, and I'm sure you'll be admonished for
>it, but I'll answer it anyway. Essentially, you need to construct the
>array elements as their own hidden values.
>
>echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
>VALUE=\"Apple\">";
>echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
>VALUE=\"Banana\">";
>echo "<INPUT NAME = \"kcompany[]\" TYPE = \"hidden\"
>VALUE=\"Peach\">";
>
>At that point, if you call:
>
>echo $kcompany[1];
>
>after the form submit, you'll get Banana.
>
>HTH!

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.0 - Release Date: 3/21/2005
Thread
Passing Arrays between pagesPartyPosters22 Mar
  • Re: Passing Arrays between pagesSteve Davies23 Mar
RE: Passing Arrays between pagesJay Blanchard22 Mar
RE: Passing Arrays between pagesMike Johnson22 Mar
  • Re: Passing Arrays between pagesPeter Brawley23 Mar